SEI Authorised Introduction to CMMI® V 1.3 (3 Days)
CMMI public courses in Kuala Lumpur & Petaling Jaya, Malaysia; Geneva Lausanne, Switzerland; Hong Kong, China; Chester Stevenage & London, England
Introduction to CMMI’ is a 3-day, Software Engineering Institute (SEI) authorized course that is recommended for product developers, process implementers and development/process managers interested in developing their knowledge and confidence in CMMI®. It is a pre-requisite for many CMMI® activities (e.g. Class A appraisal team membership) and is mandatory for anybody wishing to progress to higher level CMMI® roles (e.g. CMMI Instructors, CMMI Lead Appraisers).
Increasingly, organizations that hold a CMMI rating awarded by the SEI, are finding that they are being more successful in bidding for business than those without a CMMI rating. Beyond this the preparing for and retaining a CMMI rating makes leaner and more effective organsizations
|Venues & Start Dates||Fee per Delegate||Early Bird
Book & Pay by
|Early Bird Fee|
|Petaling Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|19th November 2013||MYR 6,000||01/10/13||MYR 5,000|
|Geneva Lausanne, Switzerland|
|10th September 2013||CHF 1,500||01/08/13||CHF 1,200|
|Stevenage, London , England|
|11th ~ 13th February 2013||GBP 765||21/01/13||GBP 695|
|10th ~ 12th June 2013||GBP 765||20/05/13||GBP 695|
|16th ~ 18th September 2013||GBP 765||26/08/13||GBP 695|
|2nd ~ 4th December 2013||GBP 765||11/11/13||GBP 695|
|To book your place, or register an interest in this course, please Contact us
Course fees include CMMI manual & Course handouts.
Lunch, morning and afternoon coffee/tea are provided.
This Introduction to CMMI® V 1.3 course can also be delivered in-house at your locations.
Early Bird Offers
Look at our course schedule for our early Bird offers. Book and pay the course fee by the date in the course schedule and save up to 30% off the course fees.
More about the Introduction to CMMI® V 1.3 Course
Objectives of the SEI "Introduction to CMMI" Course:
- To understand the CMMI model contents to CMMI practice level and how to navigate SEI’s CMMI model to find lower level details.
- To provide sufficient understanding of the CMMI structure to be able to apply the model appropriately in a practical setting.
- To provide sufficient understanding of CMMI to participate in CMMI appraisals.
- To prepare candidates for progression to more advanced SEI authorized CMMI training.
Benefits of the SEI "Introduction to CMMI" Course:
- Good understanding of the background concepts of process improvement and CMMI
- Good understanding of the purpose and structure of the CMMI model
- Good understanding of the process categories covered by the CMMI for Development, and the similarities and differences of the Development, Acquisition and Service constellations
- Practice level understanding of all process areas in the CMMI for Development
- Knowledge of how to use the CMMI model for process improvement
- Practical exercises to relate the CMMI model to typical scenarios
- Opportunity to relate the CMMI model and its use to candidates’ own circumstances
SEI "Introduction to CMMI" Course Format:
This is an intensive three-day course comprising fourteen modules, eight exercises, Q&A sessions, appropriate group discussions and some personal reading. The course material includes all overheads, exercise handouts, and a copy of the CMMI book.
Who should attend the SEI "Introduction to CMMI":
- Product developers
- Process implementers
- Project managers
- Engineering process group members
- CMMI Appraisal team members
- Candidate CMMI lead appraisers and CMMI instructors
SEI "Introduction to CMMI" Course Contents:
- Introduction to SEI and CMMI
- CMMI Background concepts
- CMMI components
- CMMI structure
- Continuous representation
- Staged representation
- Generic goals and practices
- CMMI Engineering process areas (1)
- CMMI Project Management process areas
- CMMI Support process areas
- CMMI Engineering process areas (2)
- CMMI Process Management process areas
- Quantitative Process Management
- Supporting complex environments
- Tying it all together
- Other resources
SEI "Introduction to CMMI" Pre- Requisites:
There are no pre-requisites and no preparatory work is necessary. A little evening reading is expected during the course.
A highly experienced SEI Authorised Instructor will lead the course.
CMMI® is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by Carnegie Mellon University